Skip to main content

Google

Common Sense Game Plan For Alchemizing Your Life

The world is changing rapidly, and there are plenty of opportunities for people like you, craving for meaning and engagement.
The key is to keep learning new skills and becoming your best self.

A few years ago, I made a commitment to myself, and it changed my life. My commitment was that I won't go anywhere on my own without reading a book or listening to an audio program.
So I invested in what I call the greatest university on earth: An iPod.

I started with an iPod before upgrading to a Smartphone that even makes life a little smarter. I load these mobile devices with motivational eBooks, business, and discipleship training materials, and also podcasts and interviews with experts.

I don’t go anywhere without reading or listening to something that either uplifts my soul or enhances my skills.
I learned negotiation, to inspire confidence in people, manage my emotions, start a business, and many other skills, just using my mobile devices.

There's something magical about reading books, listening to tapes and podcasts on the go. It's like nutrients for the brain. It literally transforms you.

You start taking new actions, having new ideas, and changing your behaviours without realizing it.
I don't drive yet, but if you do, use the stereo in the car to listen to educational and motivational tapes, too.
Whatever you feed your mind, you become.
Formal education is good, but if you want to become great, you need informal education.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On The First Step

If you ask me if success in life is easy to come by, I'll simply tell you the obvious: NO! But if you focus on the first step of whatever you want to achieve, the most difficult part would have been taken care of. Here is an interesting story to buttress my point. One day, I was at a camp meeting and I met this aspiring writer. I asked him how his book was coming along. "I didn't really getting started… I'm not sure my stuff will be good enough…" He was so insecure about his writing that he didn't even START writing anything. It's hard to become good at something you don't practice. I just explained to him that what really matters is taking the first step. The first step is really all that matters. If you can be the man or woman who always takes the first step, you become a force of nature. That's a really counter-intuitive secret to success. Every success I've had in my life was created because I took this first step. ...

5 Types Of Men You Should Never Date

I'll start by saying this: Most often, relationship failure and disappointment is not necessarily a function of what went wrong in the dating process, but a function of dating the wrong person in the first place. It's therefore important, that you know the attributes of the 5 types of men never to date, from the standpoint of common sense. The first one is DRIVE. To have a drive means to have clear goals, aspiration, and a vision for one's life. The man with a drive is also intelligent because he feeds his mind with good information through books, tapes, and seminars. If your critical assessment of the man in your life shows he is lacking in drive, RUN! Such a fellow is not likely to go far in life. The second is IMPACT. You don't want to be stupid, and fall for a man who has nothing to contribute to your life. He doesn't challenge you to dream big or attempt great things. He doesn't respect you, share your values or even stay true to you. All he cares...