Skip to main content

Google

A Meaningful Life

If you grew up in an atmosphere of scarcity and want, you'd probably have been made to believe that a meaningful life is a case of abundance and sufficiency. If you grew up battling with a serious health challenge, your cerebrum would have been wired to conceive of the life devoid of pain as the meaningful life.

You may not entirely be wrong. Your experiences and exposure have a subtle way of conditioning your perception of life, yet such perceptions are often lopsided and skewed to your domain of rationality unless they have universal applicability.

A meaningful life consists of knowing what your highest strengths and talents are and using them in the service of something that you believe is bigger than you are. A meaningful life is a life of purpose expressed in committed service to God and humanity.

So stop being hedonistic and living only for your own self. Stop trying to imitate the 'artificial lifestyle' portrayed on the media. Use every gift and talent deposited in you to create value and be a blessing to others. That is the password to engagement and meaning.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On The First Step

If you ask me if success in life is easy to come by, I'll simply tell you the obvious: NO! But if you focus on the first step of whatever you want to achieve, the most difficult part would have been taken care of. Here is an interesting story to buttress my point. One day, I was at a camp meeting and I met this aspiring writer. I asked him how his book was coming along. "I didn't really getting started… I'm not sure my stuff will be good enough…" He was so insecure about his writing that he didn't even START writing anything. It's hard to become good at something you don't practice. I just explained to him that what really matters is taking the first step. The first step is really all that matters. If you can be the man or woman who always takes the first step, you become a force of nature. That's a really counter-intuitive secret to success. Every success I've had in my life was created because I took this first step. ...

5 Types Of Men You Should Never Date

I'll start by saying this: Most often, relationship failure and disappointment is not necessarily a function of what went wrong in the dating process, but a function of dating the wrong person in the first place. It's therefore important, that you know the attributes of the 5 types of men never to date, from the standpoint of common sense. The first one is DRIVE. To have a drive means to have clear goals, aspiration, and a vision for one's life. The man with a drive is also intelligent because he feeds his mind with good information through books, tapes, and seminars. If your critical assessment of the man in your life shows he is lacking in drive, RUN! Such a fellow is not likely to go far in life. The second is IMPACT. You don't want to be stupid, and fall for a man who has nothing to contribute to your life. He doesn't challenge you to dream big or attempt great things. He doesn't respect you, share your values or even stay true to you. All he cares...

Common Sense Game Plan For Alchemizing Your Life

The world is changing rapidly, and there are plenty of opportunities for people like you, craving for meaning and engagement. The key is to keep learning new skills and becoming your best self. A few years ago, I made a commitment to myself, and it changed my life. My commitment was that I won't go anywhere on my own without reading a book or listening to an audio program. So I invested in what I call the greatest university on earth: An iPod. I started with an iPod before upgrading to a Smartphone that even makes life a little smarter. I load these mobile devices with motivational eBooks, business, and discipleship training materials, and also podcasts and interviews with experts. I don’t go anywhere without reading or listening to something that either uplifts my soul or enhances my skills. I learned negotiation, to inspire confidence in people, manage my emotions, start a business, and many other skills, just using my mobile devices. There's something magica...