Skip to main content

Google

How To Create Impact In A Hostile World

Yesterday, I read a very sad story about a man who was asked to leave a plane because someone next to him felt uncomfortable.
There are two ways to look at this story. The first is to be upset. The second one is to be upset AND learn something about it.

I always try to learn something, even when it's painful.
The lesson I want to share with you is that the world is constantly judging you. They judge the way you talk, your dressing, your ethnicity, your demeanor. They make assumptions about you instantly, based on what they see.


It's unfair, but it's a reality. And NO ONE is safe from this.

The good news is that people are so shallow that just by controlling how you're perceived, you can create positive impact on others. And as a result, attract more opportunities.
Politicians and celebrities know this too well.

Depending on the social and political climate of their time, a lot of celebrities have changed their name to fit and create success in the society they were living in.

Gene Simmons (born in Israel), whose real name is Chaim Weitz, is a fervent advocate of changing everything you can to fit in the society in which you're evolving. In "Me Inc", he confessed working hard on eliminating his accent, dressing well, and making sure he knew all the codes of American society.

For me, I don't believe in compromising your values in a bid to fit in. I believe in changing the narratives by setting leadership standards in the little things I do.

For example, everywhere I migrated to, I found something to do that would distinguish me from the rest of the population. I made efforts to master the language, participate in social activities, engage in problem-solving and dress like someone successful, as much as I could. It served me well.

You can be attached to your heritage or social background by not wanting your impact to be felt elsewhere.

However, don't be mistaken. Wherever you live is where you play the game.

There are rules of social existence and if you want maximum success and happiness, you need to be a great player at it.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On The First Step

If you ask me if success in life is easy to come by, I'll simply tell you the obvious: NO! But if you focus on the first step of whatever you want to achieve, the most difficult part would have been taken care of. Here is an interesting story to buttress my point. One day, I was at a camp meeting and I met this aspiring writer. I asked him how his book was coming along. "I didn't really getting started… I'm not sure my stuff will be good enough…" He was so insecure about his writing that he didn't even START writing anything. It's hard to become good at something you don't practice. I just explained to him that what really matters is taking the first step. The first step is really all that matters. If you can be the man or woman who always takes the first step, you become a force of nature. That's a really counter-intuitive secret to success. Every success I've had in my life was created because I took this first step. ...

Top 5 Quotes For The Week

Quotes For The Week - Week 2, October 2022 "Man has made some machines that can answer questions provided the facts are profusely stored in them, but we will never be able to make a machine that will ask questions. The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer." - Thomas J. Watson "Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman not the attitude of the prospect." - W. Clement Stone "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic." - Unknown "Pride is the chief cause in the decline in the number of husbands and wives." - Neil Diamond "God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them." - Franz Kafka Have an amazing day! Quotes For The Week - Week 1, January 2022 "Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together." - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg "Let him...

Free eBook Shows You How To Dominate A Market Niche And Profit From Your Expertise (Download Now!)

Do you ever question whether it’s actually possible to dominate a market niche and monetize your expertise without having to get stuck in trial and error? Maybe you worry that your niche market is already in the pocket of the big players. Or getting over the top is too hard. Or too complicated. Maybe you face some unique challenges that have scared you out of taking the first step. One of my business mentors, Ben Hunt has decided to share some incredible tips that can help you put things in perspective. He has written an eBook that will show you the exact steps to dominating a niche market and profitting from your expertise. The interesting thing is that you can download this eBook for free. No opt-in required. No conditions attached.   Just hit the download button and start taking your game to the next level. This is our way of encouraging you to keep visiting this blog and expecting amazing free giveaways in the coming days. Download your free eBook her...