Skip to main content

Google

Why Most People Are Not Very Successful

I've been asked a couple of times, how someone can change his life or achieve something worthwhile...and my suggestion has remained the same: TAKE ACTION!

You see, our brain and body have a natural tendency to get back to a passive, unconscious state even after being animated. This is why you find yourself spending two hours on YouTube without realizing it or you get sad or depressed over something that happened five years ago.

It's like quicksand. It's very insidious because it happens gradually, without even realizing it. Hours pass, then days, then weeks, then months, then years, and suddenly we ask ourselves, "Where has my life gone?"

I don't watch TV. I don't like it. It bores me and doesn't make me feel alive. What do you think I've used that time for over the past couple of years?
I’ve built my business skills, taken short courses in Europe, Australia, North America and here in Africa, tried new things, met some great people, developed my intellectual capacity, spent time with inspiring friends, etc...


Same for social media. I avoid it like the plague.
For example yesterday, a young college graduate was telling me how he spent the entire weekend connecting with friends on Facebook and Instagram.

Seriously?

Could he have used that time to scan his environment for perplexing problems to solve? No, he chose to escape reality in this imaginary world.

Life is a game you play in the real world. You need energy and to be fully present to play it. So breathe deeply, quit the comfort zone, take risks, move, run, talk to people, speak your mind, ask for what you want in your heart, and just do something pretty unusual today.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On The First Step

If you ask me if success in life is easy to come by, I'll simply tell you the obvious: NO! But if you focus on the first step of whatever you want to achieve, the most difficult part would have been taken care of. Here is an interesting story to buttress my point. One day, I was at a camp meeting and I met this aspiring writer. I asked him how his book was coming along. "I didn't really getting started… I'm not sure my stuff will be good enough…" He was so insecure about his writing that he didn't even START writing anything. It's hard to become good at something you don't practice. I just explained to him that what really matters is taking the first step. The first step is really all that matters. If you can be the man or woman who always takes the first step, you become a force of nature. That's a really counter-intuitive secret to success. Every success I've had in my life was created because I took this first step. ...

Free eBook Shows You How To Dominate A Market Niche And Profit From Your Expertise (Download Now!)

Do you ever question whether it’s actually possible to dominate a market niche and monetize your expertise without having to get stuck in trial and error? Maybe you worry that your niche market is already in the pocket of the big players. Or getting over the top is too hard. Or too complicated. Maybe you face some unique challenges that have scared you out of taking the first step. One of my business mentors, Ben Hunt has decided to share some incredible tips that can help you put things in perspective. He has written an eBook that will show you the exact steps to dominating a niche market and profitting from your expertise. The interesting thing is that you can download this eBook for free. No opt-in required. No conditions attached.   Just hit the download button and start taking your game to the next level. This is our way of encouraging you to keep visiting this blog and expecting amazing free giveaways in the coming days. Download your free eBook her...

4 Amazing Ways To Create Deep Devotion In Your Relationship Partner

When you want to get your significant other totally devoted to you, you need to take a few things into consideration. I made a list of the things you need to pay attention to, particularly in marriage relationships. 1. Can he or she be devoted to someone? Realistically, there are relationship partners who will cheat, lie, and betray you with impunity… So, it's important to be selective with the man/woman you want to spend your life with. This is so important that if you make a mistake, you'll most likely live with it for the rest of your life. 2 Are you constantly developing yourself? If you have any of those common issues and problems that most people seem to have - like jealousy, control issues, pettiness, sloppiness, the tendency to be a chuff, etc., it would benefit you greatly to work on fixing those traits and becoming a more secure, emotionally stable and likeable individual. 3. Are you creating an atmosphere for deep ROMANCE? Maybe you overestima...