Skip to main content

Google

What Ronaldo And Pastors Have In Common

Last Saturday, I was watching the Champions League final. After watching awhile, that got me thinking...
It's amazing how the sports industry is its own industry.

A universe with its stars, fans, awards, global events, and billions of dollars in revenue. According to Forbes, the sports industry is expected to reach $73.5 billion by 2019, just in North America.


In Europe, professional soccer stars are often criticized in the media for their 7 and 8 figure salaries. Despite this, their salaries are higher than ever.

Two things you won't find in professional sports are political and social considerations.
This universe is hermetic to anything going on in society and that pretty much explains why
it's such a successful industry.


This is very similar to how I encourage you to live life.
Create your own universe or planet with your own rules. For that, you must 'isolate' yourself
from the rest of society, particularly social issues.


The sports industry has only two focuses: the game and money.
This is why billions of people get sucked into sports.
It provides an escape from the real world while the industry gets extremely rich.


I could go on, with religion, for example.
As a matter of fact, in the US and some parts of Africa, religious organizations don't even pay taxes. They've managed to remove themselves from the normal realm of society. You and I pay taxes. But they don't.

They created their own universe, with believers who gladly tip each Sunday, allowing pastors to become ridiculously rich and fly in private jets all this, tax-free.
Nothing to feel resentful about, really. But a lot to learn from.
There is the reality that 90% of people share, and YOUR reality that you can deliberately create with your rules.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus On The First Step

If you ask me if success in life is easy to come by, I'll simply tell you the obvious: NO! But if you focus on the first step of whatever you want to achieve, the most difficult part would have been taken care of. Here is an interesting story to buttress my point. One day, I was at a camp meeting and I met this aspiring writer. I asked him how his book was coming along. "I didn't really getting started… I'm not sure my stuff will be good enough…" He was so insecure about his writing that he didn't even START writing anything. It's hard to become good at something you don't practice. I just explained to him that what really matters is taking the first step. The first step is really all that matters. If you can be the man or woman who always takes the first step, you become a force of nature. That's a really counter-intuitive secret to success. Every success I've had in my life was created because I took this first step. ...

Top 5 Quotes For The Week

Quotes For The Week - Week 2, October 2022 "Man has made some machines that can answer questions provided the facts are profusely stored in them, but we will never be able to make a machine that will ask questions. The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer." - Thomas J. Watson "Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman not the attitude of the prospect." - W. Clement Stone "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic." - Unknown "Pride is the chief cause in the decline in the number of husbands and wives." - Neil Diamond "God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them." - Franz Kafka Have an amazing day! Quotes For The Week - Week 1, January 2022 "Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together." - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg "Let him...

Free eBook Shows You How To Dominate A Market Niche And Profit From Your Expertise (Download Now!)

Do you ever question whether it’s actually possible to dominate a market niche and monetize your expertise without having to get stuck in trial and error? Maybe you worry that your niche market is already in the pocket of the big players. Or getting over the top is too hard. Or too complicated. Maybe you face some unique challenges that have scared you out of taking the first step. One of my business mentors, Ben Hunt has decided to share some incredible tips that can help you put things in perspective. He has written an eBook that will show you the exact steps to dominating a niche market and profitting from your expertise. The interesting thing is that you can download this eBook for free. No opt-in required. No conditions attached.   Just hit the download button and start taking your game to the next level. This is our way of encouraging you to keep visiting this blog and expecting amazing free giveaways in the coming days. Download your free eBook her...